Friday, May 16, 2008

My little Kendal


Preschool graduation!! Honestly I know on the surface it sounds completely ridiculous..making such a fuss over ummm preschool?? Cole didn't really care about what was happening at his...CJ didn't get to graduate because we moved out here before she was able to finish...But my little Kendal has enjoyed every last minute of it. I feel so full of joy thinking about our last three years together. I have to say I was curious about what it would be like being alone with her after CJ ditched us and went to Kindergarten. I have to say that it's been better than I could have imagined. She is the best lunch date...there is NO LACK of conversation. She is the best shopping date especially if she gets to look at herself in the big mirrors from all angles and she is full of emotion which usually consists of either laughing, giggling or crying. We have had so much fun together and I am so thankful for these times...It was like we both knew we had this special time together and we enjoyed as we shared this time. She is so excited to go to big school but every time she thinks about it for longer than a minute she starts to cry...she looks at me and says she is just going to miss me so much when she goes to school everyday. We hug each other and I start to shed a few tears.. this has been going on for a week now, with all the leading up to the preschool grad stuff. I keep telling her that growing is God's plan and it'll be so good to see what's new that she hasn't seen before..and that she is only going half day so we can hang out every afternoon still!! I really have to choke back the tears and I didn't think I would be so incredibly emotional about this! I just always thought that she's been so ready to go to school for a long time and she would love it and not be bored here stuck with me so I was excited for it...I am still excited for it..I love to see my kids grow and to see them experiencing life..My emotions are mostly those of being a proud Mom. I am so proud of Kendal..this year with me working at her preschool and being the first sub called, I had to bring her to so many classes and of all ages and she just went with the flow and hung in there with me. She's had a great year and so when we went to pick out a graduation outfit and she wanted purple chandelier earrings and a fancy headband and pretty bracelets, I couldn't say no..I wanted her to feel beautiful and accomplished on this night. I bought presents for her(bubbles,chocolate,coloring books,nothing too fancy!) and Nate bought her flowers and a balloon and we made the most ridiculous fuss you've ever seen! She had the best night and it was so worth it...a little investment into her self confidence and a deposit into her love tank..... mission accomplished. At graduation night she sang out LOUD, smiling away, trying to keep her very tiny cap situated on her head, they announced she wanted to be a Chef when she grows up and she ended the night in tiny tears as she saw me headed up to the stage to pick her up after it was all over... I looked around at all the smiling kids, laughing, running around and I looked back up at Kendal standing there silently with her head down a little and her purple glasses filling up with wet kisses for me..I picked her up and hugged her tight. I said,"baby girl why are you crying right now?" She says...." Mama, it's just I am going to miss you, so much".........

0 comments: