Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stormin it up

Tonight we are getting pummeled by severe thunderstorms...thunderstorms seem severe to me all the time, so I guess the weather people get to decide what is considered severe or not. There is crazy hail smashing into the windows, wind, we've had two tornado siren warnings the last hour and Miss Kendal is not a happy chick. She is panicked and nervous. Our T.V. has been out for the last two hours and she wants me to sit and watch the weather on the computer so she can know where the storm is and where that tornado is! Only sometimes do I get freaked out with thunderstorms and tornado warnings..but we've had quite a few lately and I have to admit I have been a little shook up about this one tonight. A lightening bolt set a gas plant on fire, lightening struck a few people in houses...just one of those nights. As I've been praying, I just keep thinking about the power of the weather and how we are at it's mercy. As humans we try to figure out how to work, maneuver, control everything and yet this we just sit and wait for it to take it's course. Thunder sounds incredible and terrifying.. I can't imagine the literal power of our Almighty God when things like weather are things He has control over and has created. Wow...

0 comments: