Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Field trips are so painful!

I am not the kind of person that enjoys taking little children on field trips.. I have gone a few times because my children have begged and then that turned into me feeling guilty so I would say yes and then immediately be sad I said yes! I have offered them everything from paying them off..$10.00? Letting them stay home on field trip days..?? We'll play Wii... COME ON! When I moved CJ over to this new school she had a field trip sign up in the first week. She says.. "Mom, please come." I signed it..I felt sad about signing but wanted to do something nice since she was at a new school. Well I totally forgot about it and last night she was telling me all about what I need to do tomorrow for the field trip!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I tell her," let's stay home and go have lunch and party all day!" CJ, " no thanks, I'll do that on Wednesday though." Me, "nice try." CJ," Mama don't you LOVE ME, YOUR DAUGHTER!" Me, " hmmm..do I still have to go on the field trip if I say yes?" CJ," uh huh.." Me," Yes I love you...see how much I LOVE YOU, I like field trips as much as I'd like someone punching me straight in the face and yet I still put that aside to do something I don't like because I love you so much." CJ," MAMA! Thank you...okay so tomorrow..there are souvenirs and stuff...wink wink" So....off to the wonderful steamboat today. Why can't it ever be something like a food or candy factory.

0 comments: