Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camping...yes I can!

We had the best weekend. We took the kids camping with two of my girlfriends and their families. We had loads of ticks, fun, laughter and snacks! I had the privilege of being in the car and witnessing first hand what driving into and over a giant running wild turkey feels like and looks like(my friend Lisa did it, not me, ya'll!) and it wasn't pretty! haha I have never seen ticks like I saw them this weekend. I was the biggest cry-baby of the bunch, wearing jeans and spraying deet on me from hair to tennis shoe, trying to stay under a tarp(so they didn't fall on me from the trees)and keeping an eye 24/7 on my skin. The spray kept them from attaching to the kids(only a few bit them) who were wildly running through the forest and having the best time. I am so thankful God had me work with these two ladies at the preschool and get to know them and become friends with them. They are such great friends, Mom's and women. Nate had the best time hanging with their men. They are such good guys who had me laughing every second. The memory of having the bed of our truck filled with kids on the way back from the Lake, singing loudly and wildly, laughing and smiling was a good one and makes the bad bug situation totally worth it. And the little girls filling up used water bottles with faucet water and setting up shop on the street to try to make a sale, hearing Kendall yell "WATER BOTTLES FOR SALE, $1.00, CHEAP!!" and then the girls decided they should maybe sell new water bottles instead. Then Kendall yelling... " NEW, NEVER OPENED WATER BOTTLES FOR SALE! $1.00, CHEAP!!!!" The last night the ranger came to tell us, in a scary ranger person voice to be quiet or she would kick us all out and we needed to keep our rotten kids quiet too!! It was such a good trip and my kids are already asking ......when can we go AGAIN??!?!?!

0 comments: