Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Last night's Kindergarten graduation was OUT OF CONTROL! I guess when you have all the Kindergartners in the whole town attending the same school and you are a small town, you can GO NUTS! The graduation was at the High School and it was PACKED OUT!! I knew Kendall would be in a cap with a tassel(because I paid for the tassel before) but I had no idea my baby would be in a gown looking just like she will look in the year 2021...Even the tiny gown was so big on her and she looked so cute I could hardly stand it! We had the graduation official music playing, guest speakers...Nate and I were like.."woah". Getting out of the parking lot felt like a HS graduation too, awesome. On the way home Kendall tells me..." Emma thinks you are cute!" then Kendall laughs a lot. I say," well why is that so funny, do you think I'm not cute or something?" Kendall laughs some more.."NOOOOO I think YOU'RE SO CUTE but I don't know if anyone else thinks your cute, so when she told me that I just laughed." That's when it hit me that maybe kids think about us, how we think about them? We think our kids are ADORABLE and SO CUTE but we really don't know or care if anyone else does! She was telling me the same thing..haha We took her to the store to pick out a cake and we gave her a present and a card. She asked Nate to read it to her while she was eating her cake and he went through and read what Cole wrote, then CJ, then himself and then when he got to mine he got through the first sentence and she burst into uncontrollable tears! She was so overwhelmed she just got up and came running to me and said she really needed a hug! She said she was happy about the nice things we all said but as soon as I told her that she was my heart, she couldn't take it anymore! She held and re-read the card and cried and cried for the next half hour. It was very sweet.... CJ even wrote in the card and said.....congrats Kendall..you aren't a big baby anymore!!! Siblings...they keep it real.

0 comments: