Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My crazy, wonderful kids

I think my kids are the funniest people on earth.. I wanted to share this story that I found out a few days ago because it made me laugh and think that this is what happens when a crazy person raises children....

Cole and CJ came home from school and I asked, "How was your Day?" They responded with,"great, fine, good." you know the usual kid responses. Later on in the night we were sitting on the couch and I overheard them talking about something on the bus.. I perked up immediately and said,"excuse me, what are you guys talking about??" Cole says this..,"well there's this third grader who sits behind me on the bus and he is really annoying." I say, "ok and what does that mean?" because if you don't ask questions, kids will be done telling the story at that point, like , what? that was a pretty good story they just told..they said more than one word,ya know? Cole then says,"well he's really mean and just annoys everyone and last week he grabbed my head and smashed it into the seat really hard." Okay...so.. Cole is a 4th grader and CJ is a 2nd grader and this mean bus kid is in 3rd grade. I said," Well what did you do?" He says.."nothin"...hmmm.... my son. He is such a neat little guy. He will defend anyone and stand up for injustices and fight the good fight..he's just not real good at defending himself. So then I say, "Ok well what happened today on the bus, what were you guys talking about that happened today?" So they both look at me with huge eyes and with these smiles like it was good.. the kind of good where you don't really want to tell your parents but that it was so good you can't hide your smiles good. CJ says," well today that guy was grabbing Cole's head again and I saw him and I told Cole to move seats, I told him(mean bus boy)he better leave my brother alone... then I moved into Cole's seat and... well I grabbed his head and smashed it into the bus window!" Cole chimes in.."YEAH I TURNED AROUND AND I SEE CJ GRABBING HIS FACE AND BANGING IT INTO THE WINDOW AND IT MADE A LOUD SOUND!!" I am sitting here looking at them with very big parent eyes at this point(honestly not shocked hearing this about my daughter who is very much like me sometimes) and looking at them, look at each other smiling about their victory! I said, "CJ, what in the heck happened next? What did the kid do to you?" She says, " Well he sat there and said, that didn't hurt that bad you know!" Cole said,"after that all I saw was CJ going crazy on the kid!!!" Apparently CJ was going to make sure it did hurt BAD so he wouldn't mess with Cole again and so she starting smacking him around pretty good!!! Cole all the time watching and thinking GO CJ in his head....

Well, what can I say???I love that they look out for each other...I love that she took ACTION even if it wasn't the BEST choice to go smackin that mean bus boy around. They could have talked to him again and said please stop..again. But CJ handled it, her way.

So, luckily for Cole...God made a CJ and he made her his sister..she'll be able to defend him, for now...until he takes up that cause himself.

2 comments:

Marshman Family Album said...

I laughed out loud as I read this!!! I love it.

Unknown said...

Read this aloud to the cousins and they had a good laugh ...miss you all , but love hearing about your lives out there...kiss kiss