Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunscreen?? What?

This winter has been soooooooo long. Most people are probably well into spring and just about summer. Not us...winter decided to park it's coldness here in Missouri and not move F-O-R-E-V-E-R(in classic sandlot sound) but beloved spring has finally become victorious!! This weekend we had soccer games on Sat/Sunday. Well it was in the H-O-T 70's this entire weekend and sunny..so, I didn't even think about sunscreen..hello, it's only the 70's and hello isn't it still winter?? Well..after a long day at the fields we got home and I took a good look at my kids and well..... my poor girls looked like serious tomatoes!!! In pain immediately..their faces, their necks, a spot on the back of the legs where shin guards and shorts don't meet(well not Kendal, you can't see her legs)and arms, hands..OUCH! I felt so terrible..they got in the shower and when they came out, you know they were looking even worse.. Kendal is not the pain tolerance kind of girl. She loves to cry, it's one of her favorite things to do..so with her natural state of whine plus the sunburn drama, I think I had a good 4 hours of ear pain last night before I could sentence her to bed. CJ kept saying.."my face is burning up, my face BURNING UP, MY FACE IS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!" And laughing the whole time... Nate left last night for Oklahoma city for a few days looking just as bad, possibly even worse(he shaved his head in the morning to get it even more ready for the sun to tear it up)than the girls. Surely he'll make quite the impression at the meeting...
Cole pretty much lucked out...he isn't as fair as the girls so he got a tiny burn on his nose and was a good actor with it this morning when I told CJ she had to stay home from school. You'd have thought his nose was literally about to fall off. I told him he should try out for the school play or something, he might get applause or his name in the program for his good performances.. but unfortunately I am not clapping, so off to the bus you go...
CJ is mad and wants to go to school with her tomato face, Kendal looked in the mirror this morning and while crying..told me that her face is," GOING TO BE RED FOR 12 WEEKS!! " Now that seems a bit excessive, so I told her that probably only 5-6 weeks max.
Yaaaa, so good start to this week..I have two nights of spring performances at Pre-School I am working tonight/tomorrow. I'll have to bring the rotten tomatoes and tell them to sit somewhere and not cry...Can't hardly wait for all of this fun...

1 comments:

Marshman Family Album said...

I want to see some pics of the damage!! hahah..