Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I love Summer(not the weather)

I have seriously been enjoying myself lately. I haven't had to work the last three summers but it must be that since the kids are getting older my summer experience just keeps getting better. Nate walked into our bedroom yesterday morning and I was just waking up and the clock was reading 9:14am and he just laughed and shook his head and said.."WOW you seriously have the good life! All the kids are still asleep, even the dogs and you are just opening your eyes!" I had to thank him for my current situation and agree it was pretty dang good. The kids don't come into my room in the morning. They are playing Wii or watching cartoons..eating some form of breakfast and mostly getting along(I think because I really don't know since I am sleeping) since I don't hear screaming. Other than cleaning A LOT to get the house ready to sell it's been an awesome start to the summer. These older kids are a pretty good deal. They carry up the laundry, hang up their own clothes, feed themselves, wipe themselves and I am teaching CJ to even do laundry so I can have my dream come true of never doing it again. Cole is putting dishes away even in the DISHWASHER. I am loving this! They are totally still destroying the dang house but they are helping to fix it back up a little with little to no complaining yet..they aren't sucky teenagers. This morning I actually had to be at a meeting so I had to roll out of bed at 7:00am and I'm not gonna lie, it was tough. Kendal was awake in her room playing with her dollhouse and she said,"Mama you're awake so early!" I don't know how she even knew it was early. Maybe it wasn't so sunny and everyone else was still asleep. Or maybe she can tell time and one of the kids taught her already when I've been sleeping in until 9:30. Anyway, she asked if I could help her turn the Wii on and then she looked so sad. I said," what's wrong?" She says,"I really, really, really want CJ to be awake to help me with the pizza guy" I told her she should go ask CJ if she wants to wake up. Then she looked at me like I was crazy and she says," I can't do that!!!" I laughed and said why not?? Kendal very matter of factly says," because she will count to ten on me and if she still sees me in her room by 10 SHE WILL DO SOMETHING VERY BAD TO ME!!" I laughed so hard my eyes were watering... Oh man. I love my kids and I love this summer...

1 comments:

Marshman Family Album said...

Ahh the good life you punk!! I haven't slept in in like 3 years... But I am sure you paid your dues while all three were young haha.. I find my girl by my bed like clock work between 5:30-6:30 am wanting to get in my bed and drink O.J. Where are you guys moving to?