Monday, June 30, 2008

My battle with my Tomboy

So... CJ... The battle over the clothes she wants to wear and her HAIR is getting more interesting. Since I can't remember being an 8 yr old girl, I don't remember being like this. Although I do remember in 1st grade coming home and telling my Mom(who use to put me in poofy, huge dresses) that I was done with the dresses. CJ is done with dresses, done with skirts, done with pink or any other girly color, done with JEANS, done with jean shorts, capri's, ect.ect. What does that leave, you may ask?? She wants to wear jersey's, soccer shirts, cole's t-shirts, sweats, soccer shorts and sweat shorts every day, ALL DAY. When I bring a tank top(plain and without designs on it) and some jean shorts to the child, her face looks immediately ugly and she is like.. PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I try my best to look through her very cute wardrobe to find the ugliest thing so she'll not give me drama. But if it's not a t-shirt and sweat shorts there is no hope for being drama free. She doesn't want to wear earrings anymore and if you say she looks CUTE, then she says please don't call me that, cute is a bad word to her!! I laugh at her so much because when I'm not finding clothes for her I think she is hilarious. But then I don't find it funny every morning when we are going somewhere and I have to punish the child to put on some jean shorts to go to church. This weekend we went by a friends garage sale to help her load some stuff and she had so many racks of girls clothes that were so nice and practically new and all the sizes would fit CJ. So she says, look through and take whatever you want. CJ's head was hanging out of the truck and I'd hold one thing up after the other to a child shaking her head with a puke face on. Her face lit up once when she thought I was holding up black soccer shorts with white stripes on the side...until I brought it closer and she realized it was a skirt. My friend was like..wow that's intense..So, we are working on it. She's been not as fussy the last few weeks because she's tired of being punished. She makes a puke face and let's it be known she is NOT liking wearing normal white shorts but she hasn't been arguing! The battle continues..Me trying to let her be her and understanding her need for total comfort 24-7 and her meeting me in the middle somewhere in the land of absence of color and jean shorts..

1 comments:

Marshman Family Album said...

I was actually thinking about this stage in life for Georgia yesterday and talking to Jeff about what to do?..NO idea really.. sorry it's rough, but glad to hear you are making some ground hahaha....