Sunday, June 15, 2008

We can acutally camp..




I haven't been camping since I was a little kid. And then you just don't realize all the work it takes to go camping. You go camping to relax and be with nature I suppose and spend time with your family. Camping is pretty relaxing after you do a whole bunch of stuff to make it relaxing. The kids were so all about it. They helped put everything up and were awesome. I was really nervous after just 5 minutes of being there I see a tick chilling on my shoe. Hmmmm...did I seriously agree to go camping in Misseri with the ticks? Well there were lots of ticks on kids, tents, sleeping bags,ect.. we still might have some on us that haven't gotten full enough for us to see them yet. But other than that I could handle the spiders and million other weird bugs. The weather was awesome. We made all of our food over the campfire in pots and ate lots and lots of smores. We fished, swam, told stories, played games and adventured(what the kids called walking through the forest)and it was well worth it. Kendal said she wanted to go home about 20 times because of all the bugs but she adventured and pushed through. Cole and Nate stayed up late every night having boy time and Cole told me today with tears in his eyes that spending that time with his Dad was the best time and he loved it. We made good memories and I am looking forward to doing it again somewhere less ticky...

0 comments: