Saturday, November 15, 2008

Family Night

Now that it's cold and no sports weekdays and weekends will be so chill again. Five nights a week of practices and homework and 4 games on Saturday have taken their toll on my chillness and now it's time to get it back. We are a family that likes to snuggle, read,watch movies, eat popcorn, drink hot chocolate, eat candy and have brownies where we ALL fight to lick the bowl. Winter chillin is going to be a good time.

Last night I bought 10(then added two more) boxes/bags of candy for us. My kids like candy but no where near as much as Nate and I like it. They're all..cool..eat a little, then whatever. Nate and I are like..candy..EAT, EAT, EAT and EAT and then we still might order pizza. Rented and watched a few movies under down blankets and it was a good time! Cole asked if last night could be his stay up all night-night. It is one of his life's goals to accomplish before he gets old...so we agreed and told him he better not wake us up though! He prepared with buying some cokes at the grocery store last night and getting movies ready to go. I wasn't sure if it was going to happen..This child can be found on weekday nights staying up until 11 or 3:00 reading his novels..So, I knew it could be done. I retreated to my bedroom at 10:00 to read and Nate stayed with Cole until 11ish... Cole was fighting and fighting.. but when I woke up at 2:45 to the sound of my cell phone beeping that the battery was almost dead, I walked out and the TV was on and Cole was sitting straight up on the couch completely sacked out!! Poor guy...this morning he is talking about coffee and other plans to make sure he can do this next weekend. His eyes look a little beat down. Hope there is a nap in the plans today for all of us.. Because chillin out needs to make a serious comeback!

0 comments: