Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What an awesome weekend..


I had the best trip back to CA. I can't believe I was able to see so many people that I love and miss. Friday was the absolute best surprise ever...My flight to ONT wasn't going to happen. I got to the airport, Nate dropped me off and then I find out delayed, delayed until never...There happened to be a flight to Denver that night and I called Marie and she was down to get me and she got a hotel room for us by the airport and we stayed up ALL NIGHT and talked and laughed and ate and it was seriously the best ever!

Before Denver..back at the KC airport I found myself a nice cozy seat, popped my headphones in and looked down. The literal second I took them out of my ear I could hear someone talking to me. There as a man two seats away and he was already talking..I don't know if he was talking when I had them in or as soon as he saw my hand taking them out but it was going. He talked and talked and talked. We lined up for our flight to Denver and it was EMPTY. I'm saying there were about 20 people on a 200 person flight. That empty. Well I get on first and go to the back and sit by the window. There was no one around me.. NO ONE...Until I hear someone say, "do you mind?" and I look up and it's mister mister from the airport. What in the heck can you say? I tell him, sure. I figured he would be sitting at the end of the row. Like any normal human stranger... umm... no.. He sat DIRECTLY next to me..right next to me.. Hmmm... It was strange but then again not. He talked and talked and talked..I then realized if he had sat at the end of the row he might have feared my ears not able to hear him talking and I might have dozed off not giving full attention to his every word... OH MAN!!!!!!! LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! The beacon of over share light from complete strangers continues to reign supreme in my life...

Marie took me to the airport the next morning and found out that my flight to ONT was CANCELLED! I kept saying..cancelled? You mean..delayed? No, no.. they meant cancelled. So then another re-route needed. Flew into OC instead and pops picked me up and took me to Jen's house in Redlands. We right away head out to Thai food which was seriously so great! Go back to her house and chill, chill, chill... laugh and I drink up all her Diet cream sodas. We head to the beach that night for my bro's surprise party Meg set up. It was fun.. Mark seemed to have a great time and the food was..mmm..mmmm..

Sunday morning Jen and I went to Oasis to see some old homies! Walking up the steps to the church always brings me way back.. having spent 20 years of my life there, multiple times a week.. it was a familiar feeling..like going back home. It was fun catching up and seeing people. After we crashed Amber's bday party at her parents and I got to hang out with Rachel! It was awesome to see these ladies and I miss them very much.

Headed to the Baustista's pad and got to visit the best parents in the world! Jen's parents are so much fun and I miss them! Seeing their Mii's and chatting were good times..too short though.

Went to Jan's house after for Mark's surprise fam party... so good to see everyone and see what people have been up too. We had a good night and ate lots and enjoyed good company.

Went home to Mark and Meg's with Amaya and I had the best car ride with my baby niece. Amaya is so wonderful and I miss her so much. She is so full of personality and life and is such a sweet girl. I went into Amaya's room when we got there and played toys with her and then we snuggled each other in her bed while watching Barbie Nutcracker. I didn't want to move..I just wanted to keep her in my arms and give her endless kisses.. I was trying to soak up the moment being that they are sadly so infrequent.. : (

Headed out Monday, to the airport with Dad, Mark and Uncle Dave. My stop was in Phoenix and they were headed to Phoenix for a game. It was so cool to be on the same flight and we had a good time. Uncle Dave makes me laugh and I was sad they weren't all coming to KC with me!

This was a great trip...always, always the best seeing my friends and family. I feel sad today thinking about missing out on Amaya.. hoping that going back to CA I will get to share in her life more....

0 comments: