Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My kids and the election!

My children...I have had so many laughs this past month as we've been winding down to Election Day! Nate and I are pretty neutral when it comes to politics.. I think we'd be sold on Independent if they really ever had money or a chance.. Or someone to run! So we don't talk politics with the kids virtually ever. Well our kids school took the opportunity to teach them and give them so much information and I thought it was great. Strange(being that I don't remember getting that much info but I don't remember much of last week either) but great. My kids have been talking and thinking about it for a few months. Their conversations with one another and their friends have been hilarious! I can't get enough of it... Having debates with friends...making signs...watching the news all on their own doing. We were at a pizza party last night and they had a TV on and my son paced back and forth nervous at every electoral vote added. My kids were sold on McCain/Palin. No Abortion was their button and they were solid in their stance. A few days ago.. I picked Kendall up from Kindergarten and this is the conversation:
Me: Hi baby how was your day?
Kendall: Grant wants to vote for Mabama!
Me: Noooo wayyy!!! What did you say to that?
Kendall: I told him that I was voting for McCain!
Me: And what did he say?
Kendall: He said Mabama would lower our taxes and I said.. uh uh.. McCain will lower our taxes!

I was of course dying and in complete shock that two 5/6 yr olds were having this conversation. Just about the best thing ever!! I will support my kids in their republicaness if that's what they choose. I'm just proud to see the beginnings of their independence...they didn't look to us to tell them what to think.. they were so proactive about finding out information...it made me excited to see who these little people will be!

0 comments: