Thursday, January 22, 2009

Make this..you won't be disappointed!


Okay so this isn't my picture but it's a picture of what it could look like. I've made this a few times and it is by FAR the best pork ribs I've ever had!
I changed the recipe a bit and I add cilantro to mine. If you don't like cilantro then the original recipe says add fresh parsley. I also add worcester sauce and soy sauce and the original recipe says to add soy sauce. I saw people complained it was too salty. The worcester sauce is so good in it! You should really make this cause it's AMAZING!
Stove top Pork Ribs
10 pork ribs (I've used with and without bones, I usually use boneless)
1/2 c worcester sauce (4 tablespoons I put of soy sauce in the cup first)
10 cloves garlic peeled and crushed a bit
4 tablespoons Italian seasoning
2 limes- juice only
Add black pepper and salt
1/2 bushel of fresh cilantro leaves
Put the ribs in a large pot with just enough water to cover them. Add Worcester/soy mix and garlic, Italian seasoning, lime juice, salt and pepper and cilantro. Bring to a boil and then let boil uncovered until water is evaporated. It could take 1 to 2 hours depending on the pot size and size of ribs. Usually takes me closer to 2 hours but it's great because they shred good the longer they are on. Watch the pot when it starts to get really low because the water goes fast then. Start moving the ribs around so they get browned and scrape all the bits off the bottom of the pan so they get all over the ribs. Keep turning and moving anywhere from 5-15 minutes after water is gone. They won't burn if you keep moving them. Mine usually shred a lot during this. I have served this over rice and the sauce is sooo good!!! You can squeeze fresh limes over it after too if you like that.
ENJOY!

0 comments: