Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mel the Magician

When I wake up in the morning I look pretty scary. I wash my face(most of the time) the night before and my mascara gets all over my face, around my eyes and it's quite frightening really. So I leave it however it looks and go to bed. The next morning I walk around looking like a monster and no one in the house says much about it. Sometimes if the eyes are really black Kendall will get scared. Friday I was feeling a little sicky so I looked scary all day. One of Nate's friends was having a birthday party that night and I was feeling better so Nate had told me that we needed to go soon. I totally forgot about the party all together. It was 5:20 and we needed to be out of the house by 5:40 to get there. It was a surprise party so we couldn't really be late. The kids were still dressed from school but I only had minutes to fix the disaster. I hopped in the shower and started flailing around trying to get dressed and look normal. I was getting upset because I didn't think I'd be ready and Nate walks in the room...Nate"what's up, we have about 5 minutes before we have to go, can you make it?" Me- scary face," Umm I don't think so. I wish you would have reminded me earlier" Nate," Oh sorry I didn't think about it." Me," yeah well I need like a half hour to get ready, when I have to take a shower." Nate,"I don't know the getting ready rules, all I know is that your like a magician. Your out here, you go in there, you do some stuff and wallah, you come out looking perfect"
I could say no more.. I just laughed and laughed. He said it so straight faced and serious. In his eyes, he has no idea what I do and how I go from looking like scary face to normal. He doesn't know the time or what really occurs. He just knows I go behind the door and when I re-appear, all is well again......awesome

0 comments: