Thursday, January 8, 2009

Oh boy...













It's getting closer to my trip and man I have lots of details and ways of travel I have to figure out and keep track of. There are lots of weird names like Airtran, airtrain, piccadilly, the tube....that I will have to figure out how to get on, get to the right place, transfer on and not lose Cole on. Terrifying! haha I am just about the worst direction person ever born and even when I have plans and directions in front of me I just never seem to work it out right. Can it be true that I will be traveling around NYC and London and Africa being responsible to know what's going on? AHH!!!!! haha
This is going to be so insane and so much fun. Cole is already saying things like, "mom we are totally getting lost, you know it's true right?" Yes son... I know it's true. I will pray God gives me a mind to handle this(only for this time, cause otherwise I'd be exhausted) but if we get lost, whatever it will be an adventure! We are flying into Long Island and have to take a bus ride to one location and then an airtrain to another stop where we get on another train thing to JFK.. Then we are off to London for a 12 hour layover..I am 99% sure we can travel around and we'll take some tube or piccadilly things to see the Tower of London(I must see this famous spot of all my beloved history books about the Tudors)and some other spots. Then off to Johannesburg and then one more flight to Pemba! Two weeks of incredible who knows what... God's goodness. Kids, kids and more kids. Mosquito nets and iodine tablets, malaria pills and hoping Cole doesn't starve to death himself. Oh man, I can't wait...Two months away now and I can already feel myself getting crazy about being there. I'd take 500 flights and 5 million weird transports to be there. I wonder how wrecked I'm going to be.. I hope demolished and ruined for life. Oh my son... can't wait to see what God has in store for this young man. At the base they are seeing so many miracles..Blind people seeing every week, dead people raised, lame walking and so much more. I think my eyes have been blind and I hope they will see all of the GLORIOUS things God does on earth. After we head back the same way(that it if I don't get arrested for trying to smuggle lots of kids with me)and we have a day in NYC and spend the night there at a hotel. That should be a nice end...By then I can call someone to google maps for me or something to get me around.
Wow wow wow.. I am so pumped and terrified and it's just a wonderful feeling... 15 days of adventure~~~~


1 comments:

Marie T. said...

Amazing, amazing, amazing...that's all I can say! Take a journal K? That way you can write all of your adventures down!