Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Getting our groove on at Super Walmart


Today I took the kids to get all their school supplies for when they start next week. I had three long lists because every grade needs different supplies. I felt pretty crazy with all three of them and three different sheets and one pen. Kendal didn't understand how come her list was so short and she just was DYING to get her hands on her own, "Vinder" as CJ calls them. Also known as Binder's. Which I was mistakenly in my old age just thought they were called Folders. It went off pretty painless and we managed to get it all done in an hour. There were some fun moments when CJ was hugging her Joe Jonas notebook and Cole is telling her she better not kiss it or there is something seriously wrong with her. Cole picked out this more high tech Binder and put it in the cart and when he saw that it was $14.00 he went and grabbed a $3.00 one and swapped it out. I saw a new one in the cart and asked him why he wanted the other one. He says he just doesn't want me spending that much on his binder..oh man..how could I resist putting his high tech binder back in the cart!! We bought a globe so we could start praying for Africa and Kendal just thinks its so funny that America is in so many pretty colors. When we got home the kids started organizing all their stuff and CJ took her binder and then came back a while later with it decorated like the pictures above! It just made me soft...The picture of the person is her. It's been such a wild experience as the kids get older. They are so aware and so brave. I love to hear them talk about God and think about God and tell each other what's up when they have it wrong about God!! Kendal was talking about how we are all bad sometimes and CJ says, well Kendal Jesus isn't included in that he wasn't bad, EVEN WHEN HE WAS A KID!! I just sit quiet and let it play out and love every minute of it. Our church is taking school supplies donations for Children's Mercy Hospital tomorrow and so I took the kids out late tonight(because like I'd really remember when I was already out today at Walmart)to get crayons and pads of paper. They just thought it was great to each fill up a basket(the hand held ones) and be able to take those tomorrow. Before bed the kids and I layed hands and prayed for the sick kids who would receive these to be instantly healed when they touched them! Cole said, wouldn't it be awesome if they started growing hair immediately?? Ok.. that would be AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

Marie T. said...

What fantastic little people you and Nathan have! May Cole, CJ, and Kendal bless this next generation in powerful ways! [Oh...btw...you and Nathan rock :o) ]

dfaye said...

I love this story, your children are truly a blessing from God!