Saturday, September 13, 2008

Emotionally and Mentally BLOWING UP!

These training classes are takin' it to me...I can't imagine all the things coming the next week. So far we've covered...sexual assault on both gender's and children, human trafficking,suicide, Deaf culture, Lesbian-gay-bi-transgender victims, Victims with disabilities-mental and physical, non English speaking victims and Drug facilitated rape and I am totally sure I am even leaving out more. My brain is on OVERLOAD and emotionally I have been through a pretty amazing cleansing. This has been the most exciting week. I am so proud to be volunteering for this organization. They are 100% focused on victims and giving them all the needed resources to help them survive and to eventually thrive. I am so impressed... We had survivors come and share their stories a few nights ago and I was so honored to be able to hear them. They are so brave and so worthy of God's love and affection and special attention. Programs like these help victims to matter and to receive the tools to be empowered in their lives. I am so thankful to be able to share in all this and so totally nervous out of my mind that I will say the wrong things or do the wrong things. I am going to be a hospital advocate which means when someone comes into the hospital after being assaulted the hospital will call me(if I am on call that day/night) and I will be there with the victim to walk through the process with them. Doing whatever I can to help them feel safe. I need a Jesus heart like never before...

0 comments: