Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Friends

My senior "gym" friends are becoming my most favorite people in the world! I seriously look forward to going to the gym in the morning because I know my friends will be there. While I'm there I think I only get about 10 minutes of a physical workout. Instead I am just really enjoying spending time with them. I have heard so many stories and the more I hear the more I am in love. I have one friend who loves to tell me stories about his time in World War II. Stories about losing friends, traveling the world, finding his wife and all about how he learned to play the bagpipes. He is the grand marshall I should have you know.. in the KC St. Patty's Day Parade every year. I was on the phone with my friend Jen one time at the gym and she got to have the experience of hearing lots of my friends. They would come up to me and start talking and then ask who I was on the phone with. Then ask Jen questions through me. Still to this day my friends ask about my friend in CA and if she is doing good and going to visit soon!! haha They love to make dollar bets with me, they love to tell me about women and how a good woman should know how to cook a good gravy and they worry that I am sick if I haven't gone for a few days. They are sweet and wonderful and I could truly hang out with them all day!!

0 comments: