Thursday, October 9, 2008

I graduated~

This afternoon was my last session for my volunteer training course. I am officially a MOCSA volunteer and I am going to start doing hospital runs in November. Thought that would give me time to go on vacation and go over all the reading and notes I took so that I could feel more prepared. Although I don't know how prepared you can be for this until you go through it. I am a victim advocate and they signed me up to help in the education training too. To volunteer in doing sessions in schools with kids. Education sessions not counseling. So maybe I'll do that too. I am really happy to be done with training and to be on to the next part of this journey. May the Lord be at my side, in my heart, in my head and the one taking care of the victims I meet...phew

1 comments:

Marie T. said...

Congratulations!!! What an amazing opportunity...and what an exciting journey.
Think about "all the glory God is getting from your story..." It may sound pentecostal, but it is SO TRUE.
May God bless all the work you will be given to do. It is impossible to fail when you agree to function as the hands of Jesus. Your training is awesome, but I believe your love for the people will be what counts the most! I love ya!